Sunday, January 16, 2011

Click! Click! All The Way

Sunday is one of my most favorite days of the week. There is a certain calmness and serenity that I feel on Sundays. I don't know if it's because this day is programmed by our society as rest day, or it's because I always assigned Sundays as 'me' day whenever circumstance allows it.

So today, I spent the whole day learning all about photography. Yes, I'm telling yah, yours truly is an eager student.  :-) I'm like this when I want to learn something. I will go all the way... most of the time. When I woke up this morning, I dug up The Digital Photography by Scott Kelby. 

                                                     picture taken from amazon.com

Very funny man. He put his lessons in a very light manner, very 'laymans', which I love by the way. This book is a great start for someone very neophyte to photography like me. As I flipped the last page, I played the downloaded photography lessons I got from @iamdhagz. Thank you very much. I love that you included the how-to videos of webpress. It was very timely,... you peeps will know why in the next days to come, God willing.  Oh by the way, thank you also to @macrorag and @iDatgril for last Saturday's short meeting. :-) very business lang ang dating. LOL


I then tinkered my macbook and dived into youtube. As I clicked and clicked, I stumbled to snapchick's videos:





Oh how my eyes went green with her sets of camera and lens. Oh well, it's her bread and butter, what can I say? What I was happy about her videos was she's using Nikon camera in most of her demos, so it would be an easy reference for me, as mine is a Nikon.

Then I was more than happy to learn from her an apps for my iphone 4, 'Field Tool' that gives you some control of the depth of field in your phone. Cool! Here's what the apps looked like in my iphone:
You can adjust the focal length and aperture of your iphone 4. And this app is free in apple store! So go ahead peeps, download it in your iphone. Or maybe, I'm the last person to know this and you have downloaded it already. :-p Camera phones come in handy when something comes up and your dslr or point and shoot camera is nowhere to be found. Everybody for sure won't leave the house without his/her phone, right?  So it's a nice add up.

And of course, my day won't end without cyber window shopping! Oh how I wish I have the moolah to buy all of these stuff. I was particularly drooling on these cameras.

First the very chic Leica D-lux 5. Oh how I love its form and the elegant cover. (hehe: warning I won't attempt on reviewing the following on its technical capacity as I myself doesn't fathom those. I'm more of 'porma' here. )
Then here's Ricoh gx200. Its antique look caught my attention. It looks like an old camera yet has its up-to-date functions.



I look into Canon G12, the camera my Uncle Chuck recommended when I was on my search to what camera to buy... and I drool more! Oh I'm dreaming to have this baby as my second camera. Or any of the compact cameras above. Hahaha, dream on!

And then, here is Nikon D300. Will my Nikon D60 morph to this one soon!? Oh my! let's see!!!

So there goes my Sunday. How about yours? How did you spend your day today? Have fun learning everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Blog you have here!

    Anyway I can see that you are very interested in photography which is a very good hubby and I might say very rewarding as well.

    Its very helpful to read, Scott Kelby's book is a good one as well, but always remember that practice and experience is also a very big actor, it's where you get to learn the tricks of the trade.

    Below is a link you can check out a well, its a site about photography both theory and application, a very informative site.

    http://photo.tutsplus.com/

    Keep Shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog you have here!

    Anyway I can see that you are very interested in photography which is a very good hubby and I might say very rewarding as well.

    Its very helpful to read, Scott Kelby's book is a good one as well, but always remember that practice and experience is also a very big actor, it's where you get to learn the tricks of the trade.

    Below is a link you can check out a well, its a site about photography both theory and application, a very informative site.

    http://photo.tutsplus.com/

    Keep Shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish to have one of these camera's too.. * drooling! =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my blog. Keep on dreaming, you'll never know when, but dreams do come true! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you majormiles/tryingtowrite for the link. You seemed to be a photography enthusiast,.. are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dok,

    Your welcome!

    I love photography! Hobby ko yan matagal na, then turned out to be a good part time job with good pay plus the experience as bonus.

    I love taking sceneries or landscape shots; my favorite. Also is street photography, portraiture is also very nice but the challenge is way to low compared to street photography, for me its like capturing life.

    All you need to do is master your cam controls, then do what you like to do and focus on it, then from there pwede kana explore sa ibang aspects sa photography which will be easier na.

    If you need more info and inquiries, just ask :)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete