Friday, October 8, 2010

Thankful

I was forced into a circumstance wherein I have ample time to contemplate, and weigh things out. (in other words, room arrest!) So here I am, in my profound self (hahaha!) realized, and being thankful of, seriously grateful of the simple things in life. Here are some of the simple joys that I am very much grateful of (thanks be to God!)

1. Time alone. I love it when after so much chaos around me, I found myself alone.  There's this palpable calmness in an empty room that gives me peace and joy. Don't get me wrong, I love to be surrounded with friends and the people I care and love, it's just that I need some alone time every now and then.

2. Books. A million thanks to all the brilliant authors and writers, publishing companies, bookstores and people in between, who made all these books that I devoured possible! Gosh, I couldn't imagine what my life would have been without books to get by those lonely days or free time that I had. Reading is a definite sunshine to me when I feel wilted.

3. Smile. A smile from loved ones, housemates, kids or even from strangers, unquestionably brings joy to life. Thank you to every smile I received each day cause it eases the daily burdens in me. 

This list would go on and on...and it just proves that we have endless reasons to rejoice and be thankful to our Lord for the enormous blessings He has given unto us.  Stop complaining and whining. Life is made to be beautiful. It's up to us to appreciate it. Be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment